Saturday, January 30, 2021

Carnavale in Italy 2002

 This month I've been posting work from my 29 years of photographing Mardi gras in New Orleans starting in 1990 on my IG page. I have not missed a year (besides this year) but only once, in 2002 I went to Italy to photography carnavale or Mardi gras in Italy, photographing one weekend in Venice and the other in Viareggio.

Piazza San Marco, Venice, Italy 2002
In general I found Viareggio much more authentic and far less touristed than Venice.

It was a trip that I bought my new Nikon P5000 digital camera with me. It was a blazing 5 mp and cost me close to $1,000- in $2002! It was wildly slow in terms of shutter lag (you push the button and wait 5 sec for the shutter to click) which put a damper on anything remotely spontaneous and not especially great AF and only shot jpgs. Ah the bleeding edge of technology.




No comments:

Post a Comment