Friday, November 24, 2017

10,000 negative file milestone reached

We all have those random milestones in our work and I reached one today. In 1978 after 6 years of the most chaotic film numbering and filing system, I decided it was time to bring order to it all and said from this roll on, it would be a straight numeric system. So on that day in 1978 I developed roll #1 and so on. Today, some 39 years later I developed negative page #10,000, its a portrait of I did of my friend Katie at my Tyson studio with my 5x7 camera in August. Its taken me this long to get around to processing the 60+ sheets of 5x7 from the summers work.


It's just another sheet of film, but it is one of those marks along your career path you don't think so much about when you start. If you do the math, it works out to about 5 rolls of film shot every week for 39 years, and that does not count the 500,000+ individual digital files either. The numbering system for the digital files, well thats another matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment